By Anna Sward of Proteinpow.com in association with Optimum Nutrition.
Team ON has teamed up with Protein Pow to create a delicious and nutritious range of snacks, meals and treats. All of the recipes will satisfy your sweet cravings and help you stick to your diet plan. A favourite among our athletes are these protein cookies using Gold Standard 100% Whey.
This is the Gold Standard of protein powders primarily made from fast-acting Whey Protein Isolates. As a result, each cookie is packed with high-quality protein to support muscle growth, ensuring your muscle is fed even while snacking. Ready in minutes, they’re healthy and also big on flavour!
Almond & Chocolate Protein Cookies
- ¼ cup Gold Standard 100% Whey (chocolate)
- 4 tbsp. almond butter (or peanut butter if you prefer!)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
1. Using a handheld blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients together. Feel free to add some chopped nuts or chocolate chips at this stage (after blending), if you’d like crunchier or more chocolatey cookies.
2. Shape six to eight ‘balls’ out of the mixture and place them on a non-stick cookie tray.
3. Flatten each one of these ‘balls’ using either your fingers, a cookie stamp, or a fork.
4. Bake at 180ºC for about 12-15 minutes or until the cookies feel ready when you press them with your fingers. Remember not to over bake them because, if you do, they’ll end up really dry. I prefer to take them out when they’re still a bit soft inside because they tend to continue cooking as they cool.
5. Play around with your baking times, as well as your ingredients, until you get YOUR perfect cookie.
Macros per cookie (out of six):
91 kcal, 6 g protein, 4 g carbs (of which 2.5 g is fibre) and 6 g fat.
It’s easy to make up a batch in advance during your weekly food prep. Each batch makes six cookies, so share them with your gym partners or team mates post-workout…they won’t hang around for long!