by Anna Sward of www.proteinpow.com in association with Optimum Nutrition.
With 24 g of pure micellar casein per scoop this slow acting protein powder will continue to supply amino acids to your muscle supporting muscle growth even while you sleep.These amazing tasting Protein Pow bars are therefore ideal to satisfy a sweet craving or as a healthy snack before bed.
Casein Coconut Protein Bars
- ¼ cup Gold Standard 100% Casein (vanilla)
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 4 tbsp. cartoned coconut milk
- 30 g dark chocolate – to coat
- Mix the Casein, coconut flour and milk in a bowl until you get a ‘dough’ that you can shape with your hands. If it’s too wet, add a tiny bit more coconut flour. If it’s too crumbly, add a bit more Casein. If you’d like to give your bars that extra coconut crunch, you can also add a tbsp. of coconut flakes too.
- Shape your dough into two or three rectangles, pressing the bars against a hard surface to them some straight angles.
- Melt your dark chocolate in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water). Once it has melted, dunk your bars in there.
- Place them in the fridge for a couple of hours to set the chocolate.
Macros per bar (out of three, without the coconut flakes as these are optional):
98 kcal, 7 g protein, 6 g carbs (of which 3 g is fibre) and 6 g fat.
It’s easy to make up a batch in advance during your weekly food prep. Enjoy any time you’re on the run, or stuck at your desk and need a snack!